On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:45:22 +0200
"Marcin Wiśnicki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When trying to use git I stumbled upon following problem:
>
> 22:02:36 [D] Executing  git clone -n
> OSError: 'git' does not exist!
>
> The reason for this is that shwrpa.py calls Popen with new env that
> overwrites existing environment including PATH.

Uhm, no, it does not AFAICT. The GIT backend passes that keyword, with
a value that got initialized from the environ...

Maybe you were looking for the option "git-command=/foo/bar/git"?

> Also there were some other problems with git. I had to use
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8 instead of LANG=C otherwise it would fail at
> converting message logs with national characters ("encoding = utf8"
> does not help)

Eh, there's little I can do to solve the encoding nightmare. Of course
feel free to suggest any change to smooth the problem.

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax    | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas    | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.