On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:33:45AM +1000, Pigeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [cvs:test]
> subdir = test.cvs
> repository = /home/test/tmp/cvsroot
> module = test
>
> [git:test]
> subdir = test.git
> repository = /home/test/tmp/test.git

I *think* that the real git repo is now under
/home/test/tmp/test.git/.git. Does the file appear if you do a

        git clone /home/test/tmp/test.git/.git test

?

>     I have the two subdir's there for ages and I probably don't know why
> they're there anymore. :\

Uhm, the only configuration I even tried is setting a subdir in the
"main" section, like:

[DEFAULT]
verbose = True
patch-name-format =

[bitlbee]
target = git:target
start-revision = INITIAL
root-directory = /home/vmiklos/scm/tailor/bitlbee
state-file = bitlbee.state
source = bzr:source
subdir = bitlbee.git

[bzr:source]
repository = /home/vmiklos/scm/tailor/bitlbee/bitlbee.bzr

[git:target]
repository = /home/vmiklos/scm/tailor/bitlbee/bitlbee.git

> > In other words, the .git directory does not contain the file, just the
> > working directory outside .git, but that does not count, that working
> > directory is just used for the conversion, you should use only the .git
> > directory like:
> >
> > git clone /path/to/tailor/working/dir/.git myproject
> >
> > and you won't have the file under myproject.
>
>     Quick question here. For a git target section, what is the use of the
> "repository"? It doesn't seem to be used or touched at all. I thought
> that is where the converted output git repo will be.

Exactly. But a git repo consists of a working directory and a "git
directory". The previous is optional, for example when you store a repo
on the server, the working directory would just cause problems. This is
true here as well: the working directory is used by tailor, but you
should just use the ".git directory" of the target repo, you should not
care about outside .git, I think.