I think I should start a separate thread for this...

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 05:16:35PM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> >     In the one single repository approach example, it has:
> >
> >     repository = ../bigdiesel.git
> >
> >     Is bigdiesel.git created by tailor automatically?
>
> I think so.

    I just did a few test, but whatever I specified in the git target
"repository", it doesn't seem to be created, used or referenced anywhere.

> Exactly. But a git repo consists of a working directory and a "git
> directory". The previous is optional, for example when you store a repo
> on the server, the working directory would just cause problems. This is
> true here as well: the working directory is used by tailor, but you
> should just use the ".git directory" of the target repo, you should not
> care about outside .git, I think.

    Just a clarification, the "working directory" is what specified by
the root-directory setting right?

    One more question. Once you've cloned the git repository from the
working directory (.git), how should you keep them in sync later when
you do the tailor import again? Do you just treat the tailor working
directory as a remote (origin) and just pull from it?

    Thanks again.

Pigeon.