I've been stepping over tailor doing it's stuff with a small test
repository, and I'm going to reply to myself here as I'd like to ask a few
more questions :) Bearing in mind that I know little or no Python, so it's
quite a learning experience for me...

Jamie Thompson wrote:
> Agreed, but a copy in Subversion is just a branch as you call it, (as is an
> integrate in Perforce).

Do you think it would be best to process any copies in
"target._prepareToReplayChangeset" or by adding the concept of a
copy/integrate/branch action to "changesetentry"?

> See, I figured that's what it was doing (I found things in the file
> http://progetti.arstecnica.it/tailor/browser/vcpx/repository/svn.py#L706
> that suggests that I should be seeing copies being made in my history, but
> I don't. Looking at the debug history, all I see for each imported revision
> is a checkout, an rsync, then a checkin (meaning that the svn client does
> all the work looking at what's been deleted or added). No fancy
> interpretation of the log at all, and thus no copies or tagging. I plan on
> adding loads of tracing into tit to get a better feel for how it's
> operating and seeing if I can get it preserving more, but I just wanted to
> clarify with those in the know what I should be seeing with the current
> feature set before I go messing around with it. :)

I've traced around, but I can't see anywhere that the _tag method in svn.py
is called. Is this what is expected?

- Jamie