On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Luke Woolley wrote:
> Am I the only one who believes this is a serious issue that needs to be
> brought to attention and put on the table for serious consideration with
> informed decsions made? Does anyone agree we cannot continue like this
> forever?

No, but as persons who don't have to slavishly follow fashion, some of us are
really happy with mailing list communication.
To be honest, as well as a 50+ hour week, I subscribe to 18 mailing lists, and
use a mail reader which sorts everything into its place. I know which lists
to read first and which can left to last.
Of the forums I belong to, none get seen daily.
I have to actively 'attend' the forum, click on the posts and read them,
waiting for download of the post and every graphic on the page.

Please consider David's suggestion, to read the mailing list through
nabble.org or gmane.org.

Then we can move everything to the mailing list, tell forum likers to use
nabble or gmane and have just two input points - the forum and the wiki.

Liz