--- On Mon, 15/6/09, Darrin Smith <bel...@beldin.org> wrote:
> I'd agree. It's not a race so focus on doing the job fully
> to the level
> you are happy with on a smaller scale and come back later
> to finish it.
> If you try to rush and shortcut you'll only have to go back
> later to
> finish the things you find out you've missed the first
> time. The number
> of POI's and small side alleys I've found off obscure back
> streets of
> rural towns you really need to check every street if you
> want to
> consider everything mapped.

I'm not trying to race, but I have an oppurtunity to collect GPS data and I'm
not going too far out of my way in the process. This comes back to things I
mentioned previously about order of importance, and also having something is
better than nothing. I think it's easier to refine data already on the map by
tweaking than to start from scratch.

It may well be a case that I've bitten off more than I can chew, but most rural
towns are abysmal and I'm just trying to make a dent in it.