--- On Wed, 29/7/09, James Livingston <doc...@mac.com> wrote:

> Reply to list?  Unfortunately most
> non-Unixy/open-source mail clients don't support that, and
> some of the open-source ones don't as well (e.g.
> Thunderbird). It doesn't work properly when something is
> cross-posted to multiple mailing lists, but I'm yet to see
> something which does apart from reply-to-all which means
> people end up with several copies.

A lot of apps/mail server software filter duplicates so it's not as big of a
problem as it once was, but I'm yet to find any webmail that has reply to list
or handles replies to lists sanely, gmail might but even it has quirks.

> I think that argument has been going on ever since mailing
> lists were invented, and closely follows the top/bottom
> posting argument.

Any point in asking to have this list default changed to reply to list or would
that be inviting a pointlessly endless argument with no outcome?