I just double checked on the way home from work.  There are no A1
markings anywhere near the end of the Bruce Highway.

The gateway arterial is marked as M1 - I'm not sure how far, but I
think from memory at least as far as where it runs into the SE Freeway
on the other side of the river, at which point I can't remember which
ref goes on down the coast.

Then the bit of the Gympie Arterial Road between the Gateway
connection and the north end of the Pine Rivers Bridge is marked M1.
(~ 1km)

At this point name changes to the Bruce Highway, and it is also marked
M1 - at least as far north as the Anzac road exit. Where they decide
it's not a motorway any more I'm not sure, but I think it's north of
Caboolture somewhere - somewhere up there they start having tiny side
roads directly connect to the highway, which is not Motorway
behaviour.  I'll be running up that way in a couple of weeks, I'll try
and see where the ref's change.

The Gympie Arterial Road south of the Gateway Arterial connection
changes ref to the M3, and is marked that way until about 500m short
of the Beams Rd intersection, where there are "Motorway ends" signs
and it become the A3, which continues south along Gympie Rd.

Stephen