On 08/07/11 00:01, 80n wrote:

The probability of collisions is quite small in practice.  We are able
to automatically sync all OSM updates into fosm.org <http://fosm.org> in
near real time.  Consequenly fosm.org <http://fosm.org> already has more
content than OSM and the gap will continue to widen.  It will become a
massive gulf if OSM ever has the courage to mass delete all non-ODbL
licensed content, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

I opened a new OSM account (for new contributions) when it became clear that the data I'd already entered was in danger of being deleted. As it transpired, I was able to accept the new conditions for my earlier data thanks to Nearmap's resolution of the sticking point.

What particularly turns me off fosm.org is that I am unable to see a map when I go to the site. Using Firefox on Linux, I click on "Maps" and get redirected to http://fosm.org/poly/tah.html#2.00/34.4/-5.9 which is a blank screen for me.

My other two Linux browsers (Arora and Konqueror) come up with a completely blank home page at http://fosm.org/

When I boot into Windows XP, neither Explorer nor Firefox fare any better.

What do I have to do to see an fosm map?

John H