As others have said , I'd re-use the existing nodes.

I'd probably tag this as natural = water

David

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Barham
  To: talk-au
  Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 7:21 PM
  Subject: [talk-au] redaction cleanup - unusual water feature

  Hi,
  I'm working on the post redaction checks from the rebuild server at
http://rebuild.poole.ch/job/29

  And I'm a bit confused by this: http://osm.org/go/ueHoaPP9--

  If you look at Bing imagery for this location it is composed of some sort of
inland harbour/marina/coastline/water feature which had previously been mapped
(rather elegantly too by the look of it), from Nearmap as source.  Post
redaction there are the outline nodes left,and I'm was wondering how to go
about reinstating this coastline/water?  Join up the existing nodes?  Start
again?  What tags?

  Cheers,
  Chas