I certainly think there is scope within OSM for these indigenous
boundaries and names to be mapped.
However, as has been brought up earlier in this discussion, I don't know
if there is much authoritative data under a compatible license.

In this case, I would suggest making contact with your local indigenous
groups and teaching them how to use OSM.
This might even be a case where OSM can create some spatial data which
is not available anywhere else, based on direct indigenous knowledge.

Regards,
David Wales