Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com> writes:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 21:29, Andrew Davidson <thesw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Now that we've finished, people are wasting their time if they do.

Thanks, Andrew, I'll stop adding suburbs as I'm updating addresses!

I think we need to back up here and think about why you would import
address data into OSM. If we do this import then we'll get:

1. A rendering of street numbers at high zoom levels.
2. Nominatim searches would be able to return results at the street
number level.

Both of which would be nice to have.

As somebody who uses OSMAND for navigation, I'd *really* like to have all
street addresses available!

Hear hear. I was forced to use some proprietary apps and maps several times because of lack of street addresses.

Thanks

Graeme