Hi
the Commonwealth of Australia Department of Agriculture, Water and the
Environment <https://www.awe.gov.au/> has made the Dedicated Indigenous
Protected Areas 2020
<http://www.environment.gov.au/fed/catalog/search/resource/details.page?uuid=%7BC64658F0-95AD-4209-8D1E-F94BD0A4E827%7D>
 dataset available to the OpenStreetMap community.
This is listed on the Australian Data Catalogue
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_data_catalogue
and on the Contributors page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Australia

I will update the link to the waiver when I am granted upload rights, probably
in a few days.

The custodian informed me in regard to this data …
"There is already the CAPAD data in OSM, so there will be overlap with the IPA
data. The difference is that CAPAD is produced biannually, whereas the IPA data
is maintained with new dedications. There are currently two terrestrial IPAs
that are in the Dedicated IPA data that are not in CAPAD, as they were
dedicated after June 30 2020. The other difference is that marine or ‘sea
country’ IPAs are not included in CAPAD marine dataset.”

I will try to inform the imports and this mailing list with a method to
transform the data into a form suitable for merging BY INDIVIDUAL AREA with
suitably agreed tags in to the OpenStreetMap as I am able over the coming weeks.

I am of the opinion that because we are only adding two extra IPAs and the
marine parts to the existing IPAs, it is probably not necessary to go through
the imports mailing list as we would follow the same procedure as that was used
with CAPAD will a minor change to the source.

But I am happy to follow the normal imports procedure if you feel that is
preferred.

Regards
Nev Wedding (nevw)