We have a reasonable if not perfect tagging system for a router to assess (and make assumptions) about the quality of a road for various types of vehicle in BEST CASEĀ  conditions. motorway versus track, tracktype, asphalt versus gravel being the main ones.

From a router point of view it would be nice to dynamically place routing penalties on roads or stretches of road according to temperature, snow, rain, side wind (and ?). Simplistically, input "snow" and pick up from OSM tags advising "often impassable in snow" or "snow chains advised in winter" and then the router can decide how much penalty to apply given projected conditions and vehicle type.

Sounds reasonably simple to devise and implement. I've played mentally with the same idea for suggesting footpath routes that vary depending on the weather.

More esoterically and more real time would be a community project to develop an open overlay database of transient data where the public and/or authorities can label osm ways with advisories quantitative enough for routers to again assess a routing penalty. The obvious starting point would be a simply "closed".

Mike