On Sun 2023-10-01 21:02:52 +1100, Andrew Harvey wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2023, at 8:25 PM, Yuchen Pei wrote:
>> The repo for the vicmap importing project, vicmap2osm[1] seems to be
>> missing a license, could you add one please? Thank you.

> package.json declares it as under the MIT license,

package.json seems to cover some but not all the  files - for example
bin/vicmap2osm.js is not mentioned there.

> but I've added a
> dedicated LICENSE file now for clarity.

Thank you!

>> I would have created an issue on the gitlab repo if I had an account
>> there, but apart from the horrible recaptcha, gitlab now also requires
>> credit card information to register (!).
> I'm surprised to hear that, I thought it was only required if you were
> going to use CI/CD minutes. Sounds like they had to implement these
> measures to combat platform abuse.

Ya, it said something like "for security we need to verify with a
payment card, a phone number and an email address". It could be that I
was using some privacy enhancement like tor-browser / vpn (necessary
when google recaptcha is forced on me).

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0