Hi

How do we tag emergency highway airstrips, as used by the RFDS? I thought this was documented on the Australian tagging guidelines but I cannot see it..

I have used this as an example

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/493146070

for a rough area cleared for the wings and a turning area.

aeroway     aerodrome
military     airfield
name     Royal Flying Doctor Service Emergency Airstrip Stuart Highway
wikipedia     en:Highway strip#Australia

together with

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/493146071

for the centre line of the runway itself. Note the highway exists as a separate way.

aeroway     runway
ref     13/31
source     survey
surface     asphalt

Anyone have thought on this? I'm not certain of

military     airfield .. may not always be military though this area is surrounded by it.

name     Royal Flying Doctor Service Emergency Airstrip Stuart Highway .. more of a description possibly operator???

Once this is discussed .. then I'll put it in the Aust. Tagging Guidelines thingy.