On 16/10/23 20:55, Warin wrote:

No expert ...

Question: why only get the node when you can have the whole thing? I think that just adds complexity?
Ways only? Because the output data/list format is different. Nodes are arranged by objects per co-ordinate, whereas ways are by an ID that includes a nodes list, with a separate co-ordinate lookup table for those nodes. My entire workflow is co-ordinate based, Bing etc overhead, geoencoded ground level photos, plus an audio/voice annotation, so I need a list of objects by that key. On top of that I use simple tools to filter the list for specific tags, most often informal=* being missing.

Me? I'd simply get all of it .. For a way (closed or open)

[out:xml][timeout:90][bbox:{{bbox}}];
(
  way(user:"bobC")["amenity"="parking"];
);
(._;>;);
out meta;

For relations - replace 'way' with 'relation' ...

Replace 'bobC' with the user name that you want..