Kenny Knecht wrote:
> One that is certainly feasable is the european Corine Land cover 2000: that
> gives information about land use.
> on the website http://www.eea.europa.eu/themes/landuse/clc-download I read
> that "*The information in under copyright of EEA and in the public domai*
> n..."

Which is a pretty awkward statement, because telling something is in public
domain and telling it is under copyright are orthogonal.

> People from France have done this for the dataset of 2006, but that is not
> yet in the public domain. In France they were allowed to use that data set
> (see
>  http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-fr/2009-May/009070.html),
>  but I think the NGI won't even consider doing that.

But I guess no-one has asked yet :-) (although I'm pretty sure as well they
won't consider this, given the huge price tag this data has today).

>  In the import
> section
> they describe how to do it.
> Do you all think it is worth it?
> I have got some more plans, but I promise I want do any bulk uploads
>  without consulting you ;-)

Other bulk import plans? Any chance to unveil some of the things you have in
mind? :-)

Greetings
Ben