2013/10/5 Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com>

> As far as I understood the main reasons where
>
> * the domain name should belong to a group of people (an organization)
> not an individual

indeed

> * some organizations (e.g. Crib) are willing to donate money to an
> organization, but not to individuals. This money could be used to pay
> for the domain name, servers, ....
>
> yes.

With a legal structure, it would sometimes be easier also to meet officials
and be recognized as a structured organization. We could also print
business cards (even some kind or generic ones «Member of the Belgian OSM
chapter» that would help I am sure)

I am also willing to consider Pieter route if is easier and takes away part
of the overhead, which I am inclined to believe. Also, being a chapter of
the international OSM Foundation and a local (aka Belgian) structure could
help. Provided again that we have the flexibility and indepence that could
be needed (again, I think that Pieter proposal goes along such lines)

Pieter could explain and maybe a meeting / hangout on the subject and
comparison of the solution (within OFKN Be or not) could be organized soon
and drafted on the wiki.

Regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas Pettiaux - +32 496 24 55 01 - http://rmll.info - http://lepacte.be