On 2013-10-06 09:12, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
2013/10/5 Pieter Colpaert <pieter.colpa...@okfn.org <mailto:pieter.colpa...@okfn.org>>

    Hi OSM,

    With Open Knowledge Foundation Belgium vzw we are building an
    umbrella organisation for Open Knowledge in Belgium. Creative
    Commons Belgium is a working group, the iRail initiative has
    become a working group (Open Transport), we have people working on
    open source software for open data (We Open Data) and so on.

    It could save you a lot of time and money setting up a vzw/asbl if
    you could become a WG at OKFN Belgium. You can get one person of
    your WG in the board of the legal organisation and help making
    decisions from the OSM point of view. For the rest, you maintain
    your own budget, make your own decisions in the working group, and
    you can keep operating as OSM Belgium. I think the goals of our 2
    initiatives are too close not to merge efforts :)

Much thanks Pieter. For me, your proposal makes much sense.

I am loking forward to the reactions and comments of the other people who want to move forward (Pierre P, Ben A, Julien F)

I'm a fan of this evolution, I think it's a great idea. I don't think it really matters where the adress is located, most of us aren't as dumb to look at language borders. I never look at the address of a VZW/ASBL to make up my mind about it. I do think we need to make sure 'we' won't be making too much expenses until the chosen business model proves it's working. I've said it before in the past here : my company is ready to donate resources, we use OSM data every second of the day. A VZW/ASBL would make that donation a tad easier to do (and receive a decent paper trail for our friends at the tax office)

So please keep the list informed, especially of the pending needs to get this to happen... if something is missing: share and thou shall receive :P

Good stuff!

Glenn