On 2014-07-07 13:20, Jo wrote :
Hi,

TEC released their data under a CC-BY 4.0 license. The proper steps have been taken (announcement on the imports list) to clear the path for us to add them.

If you are interested in adding stops, I converted their data into an OSM file containing all of them, which is available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8250k6enc289442/TEC.osm.zip
Good job, Jo, thanks!
It sounded as if we could use it already and I did.
I hope that there was no important change lately.
All stops which aren't in OSM yet, are tagged with odbl=new.
Search odbl=new selects them but they don't show in Windows>Tags.
Search odbl=new selects stops that are already in OSM.
(but that depends, of course, on your own definition of "are", if any)
Is that expected behavior?
You'll need to use JOSM's search capabilities to extract the ones you want to add.

I can give some pointers and instructions during a Google hangout for people who are interested.
Never did that, just put Hangout aside on my smartphone, any hinting URL?
"during": must all attendants be available at that time?  Or/And else...
Can you please write short instructions on the TEC wiki page?
Not JOSM lessons.  What we are expected to do (Load file, merge tags ...)
(what's the use of odbl? is TEC.osm updated, how and when...?)
If you also want to add route relations for lines which you'd like to see appear on the map, let me know and I'll send you a 'skeleton relation', containing all the stops in the correct order for all the variations op stop sequences (For this the stops have to be uploaded first).
Please add your skeleton (relation, OSM, of course) to TEC.osm.
I also have a script which runs inside JOSM, which helps in finding the streets which are adjacent to these stops. So all that's left to do is to connect those streets...
I wrote before that the Lines map (with line numbers) published by TEC should be available in an .osm file because there can be several routes between two bus stops.
I always try to avoid cluttering the map when doing such work.
I only load boundaries for boundary work and I can tell you it's very neat.  Trying the same for TEC.
One can download along a GPX trace, but that's everything over a given preset min 50 m width.
DownloadAlong does the same for ways and it could do it along the above Lines.
WayDownloader  follows ways.
What would be extremely interesting is a script that downloads/selects only bus stops and roads along such a selected TEC line.

Thanks,

André.