André,

I guess Glenn’s point is that the license issue cannot be circumvented, even if
the king itself says something different than its contents.

You said that Glenn looked at the wrong file, but as far as I can see you
didn’t provide any other one. Did you ?

From the OSM point of view, Wallonia will need to endorse ODBL or any
compatible license scheme in order fro PICC (and others) to be accepted as a
valid data source. It’s an administrative and legal point of view, nothing
personal for god’s sake !

I was recently in the process of mapping a big bicycle network (Wallonie
Picarde à Vélo (4128428) <https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4128428>) and
I had to stop at 70% of completion because the Province suddenly asked me (why
me ?) to sign some documents that was completely against the ODBL license.
Potentially the whole relation could be deleted right now, even if it took me
hours and hours of work.

It’s sad but I’m afraid that until Wallonia move its ass and enters the 21st
century their will be no progress possible on that front.

Matthieu