Hallo,

The more automated the conflation is done, the more strict the import
guidelines have to be followed.

There are a number of tools that come to my mind:

- JOSM with OpenData & Conflation plugins
- Glenn's tool for GRB building import might be adaptable for your use
- Ilya Zverik's conflation tool that is currently used for the gas
station import  preparation.
- The tool the UK community uses to prepare their quarterly projects.
They did something around schools last last year, where the goal was
that the participants solved the conflation problem in their local
area.

Conflation won't work easily for

- road surfaces: you might have to split existing OSM ways representing streets
- 3D buildings: It's very likely that their model does not match the
simple 3D model of OSM. Their is a separate repository for 3D models
now.
- PT should be rather complete. Contact Polyglot to see whether the
data is so different from what we "imported" already

IMHO, manual conflation is preferable. Given the many mismatches
between any company/government data set and the reality, a check by a
human is necessary.

regards

p.s. I can look up more information or contact info for particular
tools if you want.