I have noticed there is a bit of NCN tagged in Quebec:
http://www.gravitystorm.co.uk/osm/?zoom=6&lat=5628088.92068&lon=-8150498.30794&layers=B00

However, I am terribly confused, as it is tagged as NCN 8. AFAIK,
there is National Cycling network in Canada. Am I mistaken?

Anyway, I have tagged the Galloping Goose and Lochside Regional Trails
here in Victoria as RCN or regional cycle network:
http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.43248&lon=-123.37742&zoom=16
(not yet visible)

So I propose the following:

NCN - we leave blank for now
RCN - This is any cycle network beyond a single municipality, such as
the GG and LRT here in Victoria
LCN - any municipal efforts, such as the Saanich Centennial Trails
here in Victoria

(and yes, as most of Canada has nowhere near the cycling
infrastructure as here in Victoria, I realize some of this is
academic)

Corey