On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Bob Dustan <bob.dus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the WMS servers setup dialogue box, I copy/pasted the desired URL from
> the wiki page (see below) into the Server Url field, typed a name in the
> Name field, and clicked the Add button.  Then I clicked the Ok button to
> dismiss the dialogue box.

Is that all? Is there anything else you have to do?

Do you have to select layers in the Layers window? The layers window
gets populated with a tree that has all the available layers.

What about Projection, Tile it, Zoom levels, Image format, and Styles settings?

> In the Layers pane, you should see a Map layer.  Its title will begin with
> "Map - ".  This is where you choose which WMS layer to display.  Right-click
> on the Map layer.  Then choose "WMS Adapter" and finally choose the WMS
> layer that you set up in the previous step.  All of the custom WMS layers
> appear under "WMS Adapter".  I suggest you start with item 1 below as this
> WMS server is reasonably responsive.

Did all that you have outlined, and get nothing useful for my efforts.

> There is a serious bug with version 0.16 of Merkaartor -- it doesn't display
> the WMS layer.  So make sure you are using 0.16.1

That's what I'm using.

James
VE6SRV