Hi Jo,

I'm not sure if anyone has replied to you  yet.

As far as I know, highway=bus_stop predates the  public_transport=platform tag.
So using  public_transport=platform is the ''new and better way" of
tagging bus stops,
the data consumers just haven't cached up yet.

So much for the theory.

Meanwhile, in the real world, there is some ongoing dispute about the
whole public transportation scheme.
Especially the new one is hard to understand and difficult to
maintain. (But so was the old one.)

For now I don't tag public transportation at all until 'they' settled
on something that actually works
both for data consumers AND casual mappers.

Just my 2 cents,
Chaos