> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Richard Bullock<rb...@cantab.net> wrote:
>> Similarly 40mph is exactly equal to 64.37376 km/h
>> 50mph is exactly equal to 80.4672 km/h
>> 60mph is exactly equal to 96.56064 km/h
>> etc.
>>
>> Where there is one sign only - it makes absolutely no difference whether
>> you
>> tag as maxspeed=30mph or maxspeed=48.28032. The values relate to the same
>> speed.
>

> Following that logic, you could replace "bridge = yes" with "bridge =
> is the pope catholic?" -- they may be equivalent values, but one is
> noticeably easier to read than the other (as with "30mph" vs "48.28032
> of whatever the wiki says are default units")

Well, I did say I didn't mind which way round you do it. Some folk were
seeming to suggest that we shouldn't use units in the tag. I was just
pointing out that 30mph is equivalent to 48.28032km/h. You could tag as
maxspeed=48.28032 and that would be equivalent. And once you've seen a few
different values, you'd get used to the conversion (there are only a very
few different values that could appear in the UK).