On 21 Jul 2009, at 10:05, Alice Kaerast wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:00:25 +0100 (BST)
> Steve Hill <st...@nexusuk.org> wrote:
>

>> If there is a user who (by general consensus) is making nonsense
>> edits and is continuing to do so after having been taken to task by
>> email, I would have thought the first thing to do is to ban the user
>> from making edits before considering what to do about the edits they
>> have already made. Bonus points for being able to display a message
>> explaining *why* they've been banned when they next try to edit
>> stuff, with details of who to contact to resolve the situation.
>>

> That's the most sense anybody has spoken on this so far!  Clearly the
> user needs banning from making edits until we decide whether or not to
> revert all the edits.  I have heard nobody suggest that this user's
> edits are not nonsense, so why are we still arguing over what to do
> about this?!

Personally I would prefer not to ban them until we have a better
process for dealing with vandalism and stopping malicious
contributors- if we ban them they will probably register with a new
user-name. I am watching Liam123 at present, but am not watching all
new users in the South East!

I would like to have an ability to take an RSS feed for contributions
in an area listing contributors with then ability to hide information
from users who I have classed as 'trusted'. This would require me to
be able to set a user's status to 'trusted' when I am happy that their
edits are constructive. I may continue to monitor newbies who might
need help and also potential trouble-makers.

Regards,

Peter