On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Peter Miller<peter.mil...@itoworld.com> wrote:

> Can I suggest that you (David) immediately add this to the GB Revert
> Request log (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/
> GB_revert_request_log) , send Liam123 asking him to stop and forward
> the revert request to Andy Allan requesting a revert. Please can no-
> one revert any of Lian123's edits in the mean time and leave these to
> be done by Andy Allen.

Reverted. I know the policy on reverts is that it's best to contact
the person first, but I'm exempting myself from this policy in
Liam123's case and if anyone wants to complain about my behaviour then
fair enough.

I did send an after-the-fact message to him, text is below. Apart from
what I mention there was a smattering of nodes moved around in various
places, given the lack of imagery I'm of the opinion it's mindless
tinkering rather than useful edits. It's hard to validate whether
there's legitimate work in amongst it; it's also worth if anyone has
the time checking that the revert handled everything properly.

Cheers,
Andy

====================

Hi there,

My name is Andy and I'm another OpenStreetMap contributor from London.
I noticed today that you've made some edits to various objects, but
I'm afraid that I had to change many things back to the way they were
before because you appear to have made some mistakes. For example,

* you added a tracktype=grade1 to the highspeed 1 railway line, but
that tag isn't for railways
* you changed a pier in the thames, making it much longer than it should be
* you changed lots of maxspeed tags to put them in mph, but without
units, they mean kph. See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxspeed

Please be careful when editing OpenStreetMap to make sure everything
is correct when you are doing it. If you need any help or have any
questions you can either ask me, or join one of the mailing lists like
talk-gb@openstreetmap.org - see

Thanks,
Andy