Nick Whitelegg wrote:
What is the point  of local chapters in England?  We don't have language

conversion issues, currency issues or time zone issues.

Cheers, Chris

One need would be to organise and coordinate local mapping. For instance,
in my area (the "Solent" area or "central southern England" for want of a
better word) a goal to work towards might be to get all towns done, or to
map local national parks / recreational areas e.g. the New Forest or South
Downs.

Nick

This just feels horribly like a layer of bureaucracy to me.  Why would the foundation want to get involved with organising local mapping?  I certainly don't need some "official" body to prod me into completing an area.

Cheers, Chris