James Davis wrote:
> Nick Whitelegg wrote:
>

> We may be underestimating the intertwined nature of the definitive map
> /statement and OS data.

Here in Hampshire the council are actually quite good. The definitive
maps are all online (and clearly say OS copyright on them). In addition
the footpaths themselves are clearly labelled.

I have though recently come across the Definitive Statements
(http://www3.hants.gov.uk/row/locating-row/definitive-statement.htm).
These are just text descriptions of the route. They are very detailed so
can't have been derieved by just tracing over an OS map, so there might
be a chance we can use these. I'll probably contact them when I get a
chance and ask.