On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> Frankie Roberto wrote:
>> Have copied chippy and RichardF in, in the hope that they can help us
>> connect things up.
>
> Potlatch doesn't do WMS, it only does 900913 tiles (like OSM itself).
> You specify them in this format:
>
>        http://tiles.mytileserver.org/directory/!/!/!.png
>
> where !, !, ! are z, x and y respectively. So, for example, you can have
> OSM Mapnik tiles by typing
>
>        http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/!/!/!.png
>
> None of the links on that warper.geothings.net page are in that format,

1) Grab the geotiffs
2) gdalwarp
3) mapnik generate_tiles.py
4) stick them somewhere public
5) http://www.flickr.com/photos/gravitystorm/3930896331/

Now it would be awesome if mapwarper could warp straight to 900913,
since that would save another warping. And I'm only using mapnik since
it's the hammer I have to hand for combining multiple rasters and
spitting out tiles. YMMV.

Anyway, on the wider topic I believe individual warping is the best
approach, and it would be nice to rank images on their "verticalness"
so that I can stack them up with the most vertical ones visible on top
and the most oblique ones where there isn't any better alternative.

Cheers,
Andy