Peter Reed wrote:

> It occurred to me that the "Pay scale areas" that arrived with the OSM
> Naptan import should be fairly thickly populated areas, so those with
> a relatively low road density would highlight places where there were
> roads missing from the map, and hence help to prioritise attention on
> plugging the gaps.

I'm no maths guru, but I think you've made some inaccurate assumptions here:

The accuracy of the PSA's  - The Swansea one covers half the bay.

"fairly thickly populated areas". - I wouldn't say South West Wales is.

The density may just reflect that there aren't many roads in those areas.

Cheers
Dave F.