On 2 May 2010 16:57, Jerry Clough - OSM <sk53_...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> My one plea is for more assiduous use of the source tag. Surrey now has
> some of the densest mapping created over several OSM eras, and now has
> probably the richest source of imagery (Yahoo, this, OS StreetView, NPE,
> some Provisional edition maps...) anywhere. Its hard to make even minor
> changes when detective work is required to know the derivation of existing
> map elements.

Or It could be that it isn't really possible anymore to know what are the
sources anymore in an area which has been worked extensively on with
different sources.
In addition, while the source is important, it is clear that the quality is
also dependent on the contributor.
In short, I am not convinced that knowing the derivation of existing map
elements is useful, especially considering that over time in rich areas, it
will be less and less useful as the result could be probably better than any
of the existing source.

Emilie Laffray