On 11/12/2010 16:27, Brian Prangle wrote:

Here's a challenge and probably more of an ethical one than a physical one. The installation of these by west Midlands Police in Birmingham has caused a stir in the news. Should we attempt to map them? Despite their being installed in 31 US cities there's not a single picture of what they look like anywhere that I can find on the web, so I've got no idea what they look like. I wouldn't be surpised if they're disguised to look like CCTV cameras anyway. And as I said, it's probably an ethical problem as the whether we should map them at all.

You're assuming they actually exist at all.