Kev js1982 wrote

> Comments below.
>

>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/**wiki/England_Cycling_Data_**project<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/England_Cycling_Data_project>
>>
>> It has these attributes, and the CycleStreets router [2] now supports
>> them:
>>
>> - Surface quality (surface=)
>> - Local Cycle Network signage (lcn=)
>> - Lots of missing paths not yet in OSM
>> - Cycle lane/path widths (width/est_width=)
>> - Barriers of various kinds (barrier=)
>> - Traffic calming (traffic_calming=)
>> - Lighting (lit=)
>>
>> The LCN tags, surface tags, and missing paths, will particularly help the
>> routing quality, as Shaun/Gregory who see user feedback will attest!
>>
>> Now are LCN's which are also NCN's *Supposed* to be tagged? - round here
> most of the NCN stuff is just inside a relation, where as most of the
> LCN's
> are on the way's themselves (The Big Track and NTU City to Basford being
> the only LCN relations I know of) - I have tended to avoid adding LCN to a
> way which is also an NCN as it looks ugly on Open Cycle Map (although I
> guess this is "tagging for the renderer") - should I be adding LCN to ways
> which are part of NCN Route's 6 or 15 too?

I've just been looking through the CUBA data and I think we need to show
that a route is part of a relation (specifically NCNs - which are mostly
done by relation in the Bristol area) to avoid someone retagging all of the
ways as NCN when they are already part of an NCN relation.

The CUBA data correctly shows that roads are part of NCN 4 but would lead
the user of the tool to add 'NCN = yes' and 'NCN_Ref = 4' to Woodlands Rd
(for instance) when this is redundant as Woodlands Rd is already part of the
NCN 4 relation.

Having said that - it is a great dataset and a pretty good tool. I might
even sign up and map up the LCNs in the CUBA data if I get some time or this
rain carries on.

Simon