On 15 November 2012 12:20, SomeoneElse <li...@mail.atownsend.org.uk> wrote:

> Peter Miller wrote:
>

>> Just to say that I, along with a number of other people, have being doing
>> some OS Locator based updates to OSM over the past few days following the
>> release of the latest OS Locator update.
>>

> (leaving aside the Google issue)
>
> Can I make one additional request - If you're adding street names based on
> OS Locator can you make it clear (via a source:name tag) that you've done
> that?
>
> That is extremely useful information as it tells future on-theground
> mappers which streets haven't been surveyed for POIs and linking footpaths,
> etc.

Definitely. I do try to do that every time.

It is however a bit confusing that pressing 'b' in os locator background
view with the 'simple' panel displayed in Potlatch appears to achieve
nothing (even though it works behind the scene).

It is also a bit dangerous that it is easy to change the 'ref' field for a
road to 'b' if one pressed return on the name field for a more major road
(which works fine for residential roads). It is also odd that pressing
return a few times to get away from text boxes on the Potlatch interface
for primary and trunk roads seems to freeze at the 'lanes' text field so it
is also easy to change the lanes count to 'b'!

Finally, it is odd that 'b' doesn't work when more that one road segment is
selected in Potlach,

We will do a trac ticket or two for Potlatch as appropriate.

Peter