== Quote ==
>I've just noticed (changeset 18037116) someone using this Land
>Registry data search tool to actually populate, rather than simply
>flag for re-survey postcode data.  Given that the Land Registry
>require a copyright notice, and, unlike OS Open Data, there is no such
>copyright notice on OSM, is this usage actually legal?
== End Quote ==

Hi,

Short answer= Yes, its fine, no problems.

Long Answer=
I was expecting that changeset to be mine, but pleased to see that other
people are now using Matt's postcode tool.

To answer your question:- The data is available under the standard Open
Government Licence (just like the ONS Postcode Centroids that I am also
using if it is right above a house), and can therefore be used with
attribution. The attribution is on the Contributors page [1] and has been
since 31 August 2012. Only a very select few sources are also attributed on
the Copyright page [2] and the page makes it clear that you should see the
Contributors page for the other sources.

Best regards,
Rob Nickerson

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Land_Registry_-_Price_paid_data