On 22/05/15 12:00, David Earl wrote:
>     The "schema" for tags that make the University map work is at
>     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cambridge/University_of_Cambridge
>     (I've just realised I haven't updated that page with a recent,
>     unrelated new bit, I must do so).
>
> Oh, I did, I'd forgotten! It's this bit at the end I
> meant:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cambridge/University_of_Cambridge#Non-university_references
> . It's what makes the red buildings on the University map (like ARU).

That makes sense on a number of disjointed facilities. I've not looked
at Warwick University recently, but it has acquired satellite locations
over the years. But Hospitals are other entities that would benefit from
the same treatment, and the =reference element does seem to be the way
many of these sprawling installations now help to show visitors just
where to park for a particular department. A couple of my regular haunts
have just completed a re-signing exercise to help identification of
departments on a number of levels.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL