Hi Dennis,

Don't worry about hosting issues when comparing the options. The group
should probably get its own hosting anyway. The Mappa Mercia one is super
easy to use and that's coming from somebody who is not techy at all.

To set up the wordpress account all that was needed was to sign in to
Webfaction dashboard, select "add new application" and then click
wordpress. Ta-da a fully functional wordpress installation! Since then we
added an application for simple (static) pages. This is how we drive the
maps on mappa-mercia.org.

Key things is that whatever we do it is easy to use. The old mappa-mercia
site wasn't and we were dependent on one person. When he left the site
died. Similarly the current state of the map website is github pages system
and is too techie for me. This is frustrating as I now rely on one or two
people to do the updates. You need the barrier to be low so that as many
people as possible can be involved with keeping it maintained.

*Rob*