Can we also have some guidance, please, on how to tag station entrances. The
wiki (at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Railway_stations) seems to suggest
that we should use railway=subway_entrance, but this upsets me on so many
levels (pun intended) because the vast majority of UK station entrances just
have door entries at ground level, no hint of a subway. Of course, they often
have internal subways between platforms, but that is something else entirely!

I have also come across several styles of station tagging, even in my local
(single line) area. For example:

  *   Thorpe Bay station
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=51.53756&lon=0.76162) has two labelled
nodes, although I think that one of these is actually the southern building
(area rather than node). Tagging the buildings this way leads to a plethora of
naming labels everywhere. (There’s also a missing footbridge, but I will fi
that)
  *   Southend Central
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=51.53756&lon=0.76162#map=19/51.53743/0.71221)
 appears to have three nodes.
  *   Westcliff
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=51.53756&lon=0.76162#map=19/51.53717/0.69194)
 only has a single node, but this appears to be on the building rather than
where the wiki seems to suggest it should be, out over the tracks as a “nominal
point"

Thanks

On a separate note, I said that I would provide what data I have. In the first
instance I can provide railway and subway entrance data from NaPTAN (the
entrances are all in the local data sets) - that’s quite straightforward. I
will also supply bus track (relation) data from our data sets (EM, EA, SE),
although I need to do a little work to make this useable.

What is the preferred format - geoJSON? And who is able to do something with
it, presentationally, for e.g. side by side comparisons with OSM if I do
provide it?

Many thanks

Regards,
Stuart Reynolds