Hi

One specific possibility: I know that at least a handful of people have
been deliberately filling out London's buildings, and in un-surveyed areas
this is often by tracing building shapes from aerial views. This is
motivated by London's "patchy" coverage: areas where mappers live, plus
tourist/popular streets, are well-mapped, while other (residential etc)
areas sometimes looked blank. Maybe worth checking if the difference you
see is due to a specific object type (in particular, building=*).

Best
Dan