I’m all for debate and coming to a consensus, but my message counter has got to
108 mails in this thread, and I have to say that from where I am sitting it’s
all becoming rather tedious. The same arguments (albeit polite) are being
rehashed, nothing new is being said, and no-one is showing any sign of changing
their mind. We don’t have a consensus, and in any case there are only around 25
people contributing, out of however many UK mappers, which is hardly
representative.

I propose that we refer this to the OSM UK Directors and ask them to review the
arguments for both sides and come to a firm decision. That’s what we elected
them for, after all. Then they publish it, and that is what we all agree to
accept, whether it matches our personal views or not.

If we don’t, this thread will just rumble on forever and, at worst, we will get
into a tit-for-tat set of edits and reversions/deletions, which no-one wants.

Regards,
Stuart