On 30/07/2019 15:12, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
What about the Valuation Office Agency council tax data?
http://cti.voa.gov.uk/cti/inits.asp

I found this recently, and it allows you to lookup from a postcode to
the individual addresses (presumably in their standard recognised
form). I've not used the data, although I'd love to because it is so
good.

Anything giving standard form is going to be a derivative of PAF and/or UPRN databases.

The argument for the food safety data is the addresses are as provided by the business. The reason you can't use Land Registry information is that the addresses have been validated.

I suspect the Post Office might challenge even the food safety data if OSM postcode coverages started to seriously compete.