Hi

That paper is interesting+recent, and uses osm data, but within this osm UK
project we're getting more data and more detail. I'll say more later, once
we've tidied up our work here.

Btw just in case anyone notices: the authors have released the data, but
forgot to state the ODbL licence, needed since it's osm-derived. I'm
already in touch with them about that.

Best
Dan

Op maandag 18 mei 2020 schreef Christian Ledermann <
christian.lederm...@gmail.com>:
> https://www.nature.com/articles/s41597-020-0469-8
>
> Harmonised global datasets of wind and solar farm locations and power
>
> Abstract
>
> Energy systems need decarbonisation in order to limit global warming to
within safe limits. While global land planners are promising more of the
planet’s limited space to wind and solar photovoltaic, there is little
information on where current infrastructure is located. The majority of
recent studies use land suitability for wind and solar, coupled with
technical and socioeconomic constraints, as a proxy for actual location
data. Here, we address this shortcoming. Using readily accessible
OpenStreetMap data we present, to our knowledge, the first global,
open-access, harmonised spatial datasets of wind and solar installations.
We also include user friendly code to enable users to easily create newer
versions of the dataset. Finally, we include first order estimates of power
capacities of installations. We anticipate these data will be of widespread
interest within global studies of the future potential and trade-offs
associated with the global decarbonisation of energy systems.

christian.lederm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Great work :-)
>> On Sat, 16 May 2020 at 14:17, Jez Nicholson <jez.nichol...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> "100%, 100%!!!"

solar panels generating >=1MW) in the UK we have around 12 remaining to
locate....which, quite frankly, is astounding. I am getting ready to run
around my study shouting, "100%, 100%!!!" as soon as I get a few more hours
to complete the list. Most are a simple boundary outline. It is common to
have a 'deer fence' around the installation and this makes for a nice
boundary, some are detailed with individual banks of panels. I favour
progressive enhancement of sites over time. Thank you to everyone involved.
any attempt yet to collate or locate them. My limited experience is that
these are harder to armchair-map.
greg...@gregorywilliams.me.uk> wrote:

> [...]
These
I've