That would be because somebody on TranslateWiki has added a bunch
of bogus strings to the en-GB translation:

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/blob/master/config/locales/en-GB.yml#L621

Tom

On 16/09/2020 12:00, Paul Berry wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't in edit mode so nothing to do with iD. I'm using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10 and browsing to the standard https://www.openstreetmap.org site with Standard Layer selected and the Query tool used. You can see that everything's in en-gb (as I have set it), excepting the one search result in question, by viewing the screenshot here: http://pberry.me.uk/osm/osm_query.png

I've double-checked on other devices, operating systems, and browsers but the issue remains. I hope this helps to narrow down the problem.

Regards,
/Paul/