Thank you Frederik - that's a good way to put it all.

Welcome Rodrigo! You'll find that Frederik's advice fits pretty well
to a common strand of thinking in OpenStreetMap. His advice is
surprising, for many of us joining OSM from an IT background (or even
a Wikipedia background, where automated edits are more widespread).
But please do take some time to think about his advice.

Best wishes
Dan