On 30/10/2020 18:37, Mateusz Konieczny via Talk-GB wrote:

Oct 30, 2020, 16:28 by talk-gb@openstreetmap.org:

    It has come to my attention that the "Town Plan" map from 1944-1967
    in NLS is available freely.

What are its licensing terms?

"available freely" does not mean "compatible with OSM license"

It's out of copyright, so there aren't any licensing issues in deriving data from it.

I would, though, be a little reluctant to use it as a basis for wholesale numbering without any supporting local knowledge or survey. House numbers can, and sometimes do, change, particularly when streets are renamed or rebuilt. So you can't be 100% certain that a house number in the 1950s is the same number it is now, even if the building is still the same.

Mark