All I had to (hurriedly) write was the Housenumber and Postcode (no
PostalStreet, no PostalDistrict, no PostalTown)
Regards,Peter

    On Sunday, 20 December 2020, 15:00:31 GMT, Colin Smale
<colin.sm...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

On 2020-12-20 15:41, Chris Hill wrote:

Addresses in OSM are not the same as Royal Mail's addresses. RM addresses are
all about their processes for delivering post to delivery points. The postal
town (Largertown in your example) is a convenience for RM that we have all been
persuaded is useful, but RM have ceased to use postal towns for many years!
Are you not thinking of Postal Counties? They were indeed deprecated many years
ago (1996), but the Post Town is AFAIK a mandatory component of a postal
address, and Wikipedia agrees: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_town