From: Brian Hollinshead [mailto:br...@hollinshead.net]
Sent: Sunday 18 October 2020 15:26
To: Discussion of OpenStreetMap in Ireland <talk-ie@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk-ie] Some of the 3300 parks in OSM Ireland are just
patches of grass.

I understood that adding to the amount of land area that was classified with a
landuse category was a good addition to the map. My research showed that we
have some 3,300 patches of land mapped but excluded from the landuse tag.
For private citizens or public officials seeking data from OSM for structured
park areas (with planting /benches.sports/keep fit apparatus
etc) it makes the parks easier to find if they are tagged as landuse=park as
well as leisure=park. I am interested in a few examples please, showing how you
tag these areas when mapping in your home country.

I note you suggest removing the leisure=park tags. I feel it would be
presumptive of me to consider that those who used the tag some 3,300 times to
have been mistaken or ill-judged in what they did. without me knowing the local
conditions.